Wednesday 24 August 2011

Strawberry Crumble

Well on monday i popped down my local Co-op and they had a 400g punnet of strawberries  reduced to £1.60.  Not the cheapest but I fancied them :)

Jake and I had strawberries and icecream for dessert (couldnt convince Lily to come anywhere near them!) and wondered what to do with the rest.

In the night inspiration struck, i'll make a crumble, quick, easy and doesnt require a load of washing up.  Jake asks if its gluten free, so thats how I made it :)

I weighed the strawberries, and despite eating a load the night before still had 400g!!

I cut them up and lined the bottom of a pie dish with them, added approx 40g caster sugar and left it on the side.

Out came the food processor into which I popped 200g butter, and 400g gluten free plain flour.  I turned the machine on and let is zuzz until I had breadcrumbs, then whilst it was still running gradually added 200g caster sugar so it all got mixed together nicely.

I then put half the crumble on top of the strawberries and popped in the oven on 200 degrees for 25 mins.  The other half of the crumble I popped into the freezer for next time.

One thing I noticed was that gluten free flour does not seem to brown?! but it still tasted gorgeous, so much so my husband had 2 slices with icecream after his dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment